Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lamp Story


This is not my favorite lamp on the planet but it does have a nice plain and basic design and it does provide well-directed light and I do LOVE the story that came along with it! 

I found this black metal floor lamp somewhere.  I don't remember the specifics anymore but it WAS free and it WAS found.  It was missing it's top shade which is not an easily-replaced item but I had seen something in the ditch on the side of the road earlier that day...

Within an hour or two of getting my hands on the lamp, I made my way back to that ditch on the side of the road and retrieved from it the perfect lampshade!  Seriously.  Like it was made for it! Like it was the original!  Like God and fate and the dumpster fairies just really enjoy throwing miracles my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment