Monday, August 27, 2012

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent



I ran out of dishwasher detergent.  

I HATE buying dishwasher detergent.  

I hate it (and wasting water) enough that I give Mark grief about running the dishwasher when it's not completely full of dishes crammed into every possible space.  

I did not want to go the store having just left $100 there for what I had planned to be 7-10 days worth of meals.  

So I looked up a recipe for dishwasher detergent on the internet and was amazed at how simple and inexpensive it was.



Borax


+

Baking Soda

=

Dishwasher Detergent


Use equal parts Borax and Baking Soda in whatever quantity you like or have at hand.

This recipe works just fine and I don't feel the least bit deprived at not having a fancy bottle of Cascade.  I love the simplicity of the homemade stuff.

I stored my new dishwasher detergent in an old Good Seasons Italian Dressing (from the mix) bottle that was sitting around in the cabinet but I'm still brainstorming on what a better container would be.  There might be a blog post about that when I figure it out!

Meanwhile, you might give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment