Friday, June 15, 2012

Dijon Viniagrette

Per Missi's suggestion in her comment on my previous post, here's a quick recipe for our favorite salad dressing.  Truth be told, I stole the recipe from my gourmet friend Sarah!  Thank you, Sarah! 


Dijon Viniagrette

1/2 cup oil (olive when I have it around, canola or vegetable when I don't)
1/2 cup vinegar (white, cider, red wine, or rice wine vinegar -- whatever's     available or suits my mood!)
1Tablespoon dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk or shake well. 


I use this for chopped veggie salads -- cut up whatever veggies are in the fridge (carrots, cabbage, brocoli, cauliflower, zuchinni, green onions) and add dressing.  Sometimes I add lentils or beans.  Cilantro is always a great addition.  Just use what you have!  It works on lettuce too, of course!  And also makes a good marinade/sauce for chicken.

Sorry there's no photo.  Maybe later!

1 comment:

  1. Oh cool, thanks Annie!! Gonna save & try for sure!!!!!

    ReplyDelete