Friday, July 8, 2011

Dumpster Diving Loot from July 2nd


I am always amazed at the things I find in the dumpster!

Last Saturday morning I found the following:

A Coleman sleeping bag (rated to be warm down to a mere miserable 15 degrees) in perfect condition that looks a lot like this one:

A black vintage shelf (if you care that one corner of the scrollwork is broken, this style is not for you!)



A chrome spice rack


A glass flask bottle



A black iron match holder that will be hung with my collection of match holders in my project room and used to hold sewing needles!


A small silver picture frame and a handkerchief



Almost seven feet of 2" thick red grosgrain ribbon


A vintage camera (for my collection!).  Maybe there's film in it with photos of Elvis!


A set of dominoes (with case).  I've found 3 or 4 of these over the last year.


A small hacksaw
A Pampered Chef apple corer
A rubber spatula (which I always need)
A red and white checked vinyl tablecloth (just in time for the 4th of July!)



And, my very favorite find, which looked like this in the dumpstser...




...a vintage step stool (which I collect -- but can't seem to photograph well)!




I have too much fun!  

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love that spice rack! I need to go dumpster diving immediately, but I fear Bruce would never kiss me again :(

    ReplyDelete