Thursday, January 27, 2011

Something To Crow About!

I didn't really have anything to crow about this morning but I REALLY wanted to put up a blog post because it's important to me to post every weekday if at all possible.  So, I scrolled through my photos on my phone and found THIS wonderful thing!





I snapped this photo for my friend Susan while were were looking at houses recently.  She commented on it and I whipped out my camera and took a picture of it for her so we cold recreate it later!  I love the primitive simplicity and the bird motif!

This would be very easy to make out of totally free materials -- spray paint a frame black, cut up a couple of dumpster shirts, cut the bird shape out of some old dumpster pants perhaps, spend maybe an hour embroidering the letters, and put it all together! 

Then, try to think of some other sayings and images to assemble in the same way because these would be really great in a series!  Any ideas?  Anyone have a fun old grandma saying that needs to be immortalized?  I can hear my grandmother saying "The watched pot never boils"!  What did YOUR grandma say?

(I guess I did find something to crow about after all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment