Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Free Stuff That Amazes Me!

You truly never know what you will find in a dumpster!

I think I've proven to family, friends, and creditors alike that I am completely postal-challenged.  I just can't seem to pull envelope, stamp, and post office together.  And if there's a box needed in the mix, forget it! I don't know why it's so hard for me.  I think I have some sort of short-circuit in my brain!   But the dumpster gods must be trying to help me out a bit as they gave me 20 stamps! 



True, they are 29 cent stamps, which date from between 1991 and 1995, but they're still valid. I'll have to double up but, nontheless, TEN whole envelopes will get mailed because of this! The total value of twenty 29 cent stamps is $5.80 which is nothing to be scoffed at -- that's about the take home pay (after taxes) for an hour's work at a minimum wage job.
I'll probably use them to mail hard copies of my blog post to my birthmother who is an old-fashioned pen-an-ink writer and not a computer person. So she gets hard copies in the mail.

I also found this FREE flower, a beautiful real live pink hydrangea, actually IN a dumpster.  And, separately, found a free vase to put it in.  And, as you can see, a beautiful flower is great contrast to a dreary day and a drab windowsill!



No comments:

Post a Comment